Skyward II Pant
If you’re one of those people who think there’s no such thing as waterproof and breathable, it’s time to reconsider. The Outdoor Research Men’s Skyward II Pant is proof that you can have your cake and eat it too, and it even tastes good. When it’s your turn to set the skinner and your body temperature is spiking, a combination of the AscentShell 3L fabric and the large outer thigh vents let all that heat escape so you can plug on without having to spend the rest of the tour in your sweaty baselayers. The fabric also works to keep wind and moisture from the outside from permeating, while the gaiters seal out any chance of snow getting where it doesn’t belong.
The cherry on top (of your cake) are the thoughtful details Outdoor Research incorporated into the Skyward II. Stretchy face fabric and well-articulated knees support full range of motion whether you’re booting up a couloir or laying down some GS-worthy turns, and a specially designated avalanche beacon pocket provides easy beacon access. In case your crampons or ski edges decide to go rogue, 420D scuff guards protect your pants from tears so you can spend less time sewing and more time on the snow.
- Breathable pants that keep you dry and comfortable on the ups
- Waterproof, breathable, wind-resistant fabric for all-day comfort
- Articulated knees and stretch face fabric promote range of motion
- Stretch gaiters keep snow out, even when it’s chest deep
- Designated avalanche beacon pocket for easy beacon access
- Reinforced scuff guards keep pants safe from crampons and ski edges
- Material: [membrane/laminate] AscentShell 3L, [face fabric] 50D plain weave (88% nylon, 12% spandex), [lining] 50D polyester, [scuff guard] 420D nylon
- Seams: fully sealed
- Fit: regular
- Pockets: 1 avalanche beacon, 2 zippered hand, 2 zippered thigh
- Venting: outer thigh zips
- Waist: adjustable tabs
- Gaiters: internal
- Claimed Weight: [large] 1lb 6.9oz
- Recommended Use: skiing, snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
There are no reviews yet.