Skyward II Jacket
There are softshells and hardshells, and then there’s the Outdoor Research Women’s Skyward Jacket; a soft hardshell suitable for skinning up steep, backcountry terrain and skiing down said steeps in deep snow. Outdoor Research’s lightweight and thin three-layer AscentShell construction assures reliable waterproofing for snowy conditions, and it provides outstanding breathability that’s air permeable to keep you comfortably cool when you work up a sweat.
A jacket this breathable might lead you to believe that it actually isn’t that waterproof, but Outdoor Research taped the jacket’s seams to prevent a single snowflake from seeping through. Just in case the fabric’s air permeable nature isn’t enough for you, the Skyward’s long, hem-to-underarm, TorsoFlo ventilation system assures ample airflow. The hood adjusts over beanies on the skinner, and it slides over helmets with ease. In case your skins freeze, the internal Shove-It pockets warm them up on the ride down for the next hike up.
- A backcountry minded jacket that loves tearing up the steep and deep
- AscentShell 3-layer technology withstands the elements on long days
- Underarm ventilation dumps heat when the weather warms up
- Helmet compatible hood offers extra protection from blustery winds
- Fully sealed seams keep moisture from sneaking in when dropping in
- Drawcord hem locks out snow when taking a spill in deep powder
- Material: [membrane/laminate] AscentShell (3-layer), [face fabric] 50D 88% nylon, 12% spandex, [backer] 50D 100% polyester
- Seams: fully sealed
- Fit: regular/relaxed
- Length: hip
- Center Back Length: 27in
- Hood: yes, helmet-compatible, adjustable, wire brim
- Pockets: [internal] 2 Shove-It, 1 media, [external] 2 chest, 2 hand
- Venting: TorsoFlo (hem-to-underarm)
- Claimed Weight: 1lb 5.6oz
- Recommended Use: backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
There are no reviews yet.