When the temperature outside is so brutal that spilled coffee crystallizes before it hits the ground, the time has come to bust out your Outdoor Research Men’s Alti Mitten and its Gore-Tex shell. Constructed for high-alpine mountaineering, arctic expeditions, and other pursuits into the frigid kryosphere, the Alti Mitten blends waterproof Gore-Tex membrane with a removable PrimaLoft-insulated liner to provide digit-saving protection from the ungodly cold elements.
- Gore-Tex waterproof and breathable membrane is guaranteed to keep you dry in brutal storms and allows evaporating sweat to pass through as you work up a sweat
- Hefty doses of PrimaLoft One insulation traps in warmth and shields your hand from temps as low as -40 F.
- A tough leather palm grips your poles or ice axe, and the pile fleece lining wicks moisture and adds extra comfort.
- Updated thumb articulation improves dexterity
- KEVLAR® stitching along the palm adds durability
- Long gauntlet locks out snow, wind, and cold
- Material: (shell) [shell] 40D nylon ripstop (2.5-layer), [palm] Pittards Armortan leather, (liner) [shell] 100% nylon ripstop
- Waterproofing: GORE-TEX membrane
- Insulation: (shell) [back of hand] PrimaLoft Gold, (liner) [back of hand] PrimaLoft Gold
- Removable Liner: yes
- Style: gauntlet mitten
- Closure: SuperCinch, elastic cuff
- Palm Grip: yes
- Claimed Weight: [pair, large] 12.8oz
- Recommended Use: alpine & expedition, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime